The PIN you set for your Oculus account is important for a few reasons. First, it helps verify your identity and second, it helps make purchasing within the Meta Quest Store easier.
If you’ve forgotten your Oculus PIN and need to reset it, you have few options. But using the Meta Quest smart phone app is easiest.
To reset your Oculus PIN start by accessing the Meta Quest app and then select Menu at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen followed by Settings > Account Settings > Reset Meta Quest PIN > Forgot PIN > Request PIN Reset. You’ll receive an email from “[email protected]” containing a reset link.
This link is the final step and you’ll be prompted to reset your PIN!
Use the Meta Quest smart phone app to reset PIN
By far the easiest way to reset your Oculus PIN is by using the Meta Quest smart phone app.
Start by downloading the Meta Quest app to your smart device:
If it’s your first time downloading the app, you’ll be prompted to set up a PIN. But since you’re here to reset your PIN, I’m sure you’re well past this step…
1. To reset your PIN using the Meta Quest app, start by opening the app on your device and then select the Menu button at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
2. Then select Settings.
3. Followed by Account Settings.
4. On the next screen you’ll see an option at the bottom under Security to “Reset Meta Quest PIN“. Select it.
5. On the “Change PIN” screen, just under the “Current PIN” field, you’ll see a link to “Forgot PIN?”.
6. After you click on “Forgot PIN” you’ll be brought to a new screen where you’ll select “Request PIN Reset“.
7. An email will be sent from “[email protected]” containing a link for you to click. This link is the final step and you’ll be prompted to reset your PIN!
Keep in mind that the email may take a bit of time to arrive in your inbox. If you don’t see the email from “[email protected]” in your inbox after several minutes, be sure to check your spam and promotion folders!
If the email never arrives, follow the steps above again.
Use the Meta Quest website to reset PIN
If you don’t have the Meta Quest app, for whatever reason, you can still reset your PIN even if you’ve forgotten it using the Meta Quest Website.
1. To start, visit your profile at https://secure.oculus.com/my/profile/. Here you can login with Facebook, Instagram, or set up an account with an email address.
2. Next, select PIN from the left-hand navigation menu.
3. Just underneath “Current PIN” you’ll see a link for “Forgot PIN?”. Click on it.
4. Finally select Request PIN Reset.
This will automatically trigger an email to your inbox with a final link to reset your PIN. Once again, give this email a few minutes to arrive. If it doesn’t, check spam and promotional folders.
Use the Meta Quest Desktop app to reset PIN
One final option to reset your Quest PIN is to use the Oculus Desktop app.
NOTE: If you don’t already have this desktop app downloaded, I’d personally use the Quest mobile app or the Quest website.
1. Start by opening up the Oculus desktop application on your computer. If you don’t have the app, you can download it here.
2. Choose “Settings” from the menu navigation on the left-hand side
3. Underneath Account, click on “Quest PIN“
4. Enter in a new PIN and then enter your Quest account password in order to finalize the change. Select Submit.
5. You’ll receive an email with a code. Enter that code and click Submit.
That’s it! Your Quest PIN is now reset.
If you’re having trouble resetting your Oculus PIN
If you tried the steps above but still can’t reset your Oculus PIN, I suggest reaching out to Meta’s support team. They can be reached directly via chat, email, or phone.
Just follow this support link: https://www.meta.com/help/quest/
If you need to reset your Oculus PIN you have a few options:
- Use the Meta Quest smart phone app
- Use the Meta Quest website
- Use the Meta Quest desktop app
If none of these work, I suggest reaching out to Meta support.