Welcome to Good Home Automation.
My wife and I bought our first home (a lake house!) in 2019, and within a few days of moving in I was already toying with the idea of making our home “smart”. The challenge was knowing where to start.
There is a TON of very technical information out there – but I didn’t want to learn how to code, I just wanted some simple smart home automations.
After a few hours of digging through all the available info on the web, I still had so many questions:
- Which smart home products should I buy?
- Will these smart products all work well together?
- What’s the best smart hub to use? (Also, what the hell is a smart hub?)
- Should I replace all my existing LED bulbs (50+!!!) with smart bulbs, or get smart switches?
- What are some simple smart home automations I can implement quickly?
I’ve answered all of these questions and many more this past year and I created this blog as a way to share it all with you. Smart home tech has become a borderline obsession of mine.
Technology can be challenging at times, but it should be fun!
I’m here to help.
I hope you enjoy the process, and welcome to the Good Home Automation community.